We conduct employer brand studies to help companies stand out in the crowd, attract and hire more of the right people at a lower cost, and maintain engagement and moral commitment over the long term.
An authentic employer brand plays a pivotal role in setting out what your company stands for and what you expect from employees. A strong brand signal helps to attract the most talented employees in highly competitive markets and can keep them more connected, engaged (even reengaged) and morally committed once they join your firm. And a clear and compelling employer value proposition (EVP) reflects who you are as an organization, and can help to explain the true give-and-take relationship between your company and the people inside. Here a few more benefits of an authentic, strong employer brand:
- easier time recruiting and lower associated costs
- higher quality of candidates and quality of hire
- better attraction and access to passive candidates
- higher level of engagement and less employee turnover
- more intentional (and believable) brand advocates
- smoother, more successful on-boarding processes
The point here is if you want to attract and hire more of the right people and keep them committed longer, you should want an authentic and strong employer brand. We go so far as to say that it will help you to maximize your business value and retain a competitive advantage. Over the top? We don’t think so.
Setting up the Study
We conduct an employer brand study with the purpose of obtaining data and feedback, and then translate our findings into insights we can use to strengthen the brand, validate the EVP, and build out a forward-looking roadmap to help improve processes, approaches, and messaging across your talent acquisition landscape.
We also use our insights to help determine which aspects of the brand and company are functioning at a high-level related to the employee/management experience and what needs to be improved for the overall goal of improving competitive advantage, employer-of-choice status, and more successful outcomes across attraction, engagement, recruiting, on-boarding and making sure commitment levels remain high over the longer term.
The primary objectives of our employer brand study are to:
- Gather the authentic voice of the employees’ perspective and use our insights to validate EVPs – and frame (or reframe) marketing content, messaging, and more.
- Synthesize, and put into context, the feedback for benchmark purposes in the future – to set up improvements across key performance indicators.
- Help determine where the company can be more successful across the entire talent acquisition landscape – including touch-points, experiences, and more.
- Determine “right fit” candidate personas and potential markets and map out attributes, character traits, interests, values, etc.
- Initiate a high-value conversation with the team by listening and, as a team, jumping in and actually doing something about what we now know to be true.
Once we are engaged, our first step is to set up an intake meeting where we meet with the executive team to understand the philosophy, procedures, players, brand, and culture – as well as the client network, the vision, goals and strategies already in place. Next, we engage the employees and ask for their feedback and ratings relative to their relationship with the company.
At the same time, we ask the executive team to define a subset of their employees so we can hold a few deeper, more personal interviews and get an even more nuanced view of inside the company.
We also hold a set of process-only intake meetings with various leaders to gather their perspectives on a whole range of issues. At your request, we can even reach outside the company to survey past candidates and employees about their first impressions – and use that data to score candidate touch-points and map out their journey with your company. We’ll even talk with passive candidates who might be a good fit but haven’t yet engaged with the company – for whatever reason. We do all this to try to get the true story about your company.
After we have completed all interviews, and have collected all our survey and interview data and any other materials or information provided by the company, we synthesize the information and present our findings and potential next steps of action. As a part of the deliverable, we provide the company with aggregate survey results in electronic and hardcopy form. The entire process can be customized to your exact needs and we provide a dedicated team member to serve as your point person to help guide the project through to successful delivery.
Even after our employer brand study work is completed, at your request, we can continue on and work directly with your company to create (or recreate) content and programs more aligned with your efforts to improve attraction, engagement and hiring initiatives inside the organization.
Need help finding your authentic employer brand? Reach out and we’ll set up a private conversation with you to discuss your challenge.